Less than an hour before we officially welcome 2013 so let me just squeeze my 2012 Best Products Part 2 before Meja Noche. The products below are what I use almost at a daily basis and have/planning to repurchase when they ran out. They have proven to be very essential to me to the point that I actually recommend them to my lovely readers.
Without further ado, here’s my praise-worthy picks for the year.
Click the product name for more detailed review.
BEST BB CREAM:
– Unlike other BB creams, this one has yellow-undertone that matches morena skintone really well. It doesn’t give off a white cast in photos, it’s very blendable and it has proven to last for the entire day with minimal retouch.
– This was gifted to me last January by a good friend of mine. I’ve been using the same for almost a year on a daily basis but I still have more than 3/4’s of the container left. It offers great coverage, excellent staying power and a great value for your money. I’m definitely buying another one this 2013.
BEST FACE POWDERS:
Maybelline Clear Smooth All-in-One Powder
– My all-time favorite! It’s affordable, easy to find and travel-efficient. The powder itself gives a matte finish with medium coverage. It keeps oil at bay almost the entire day so I seldom feel the need to bring it along with me for retouch.
Krave Minerale Blush Crush
– It was not love at first sight for this product but after using it for weeks, it begun to appreciate it more. The color blends nicely on morena skin without harsh streaks, it has decent staying power and more importantly, it’s au naturel
as it is made from organic ingredients. Meaning, less possibilities for breakouts and clogged pores.
Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow
– I say, blush is to dainty look whereas bronzers are for more edgy, athletic look. This particular bronzer also has gold shimmers that are highly unnoticeable a far but gives you this fresh and glowing look. Just like adding a highlighter over a bronzed face; one hefty product instead of using two.
I can go by just fine with only these two palettes.. the combinations are endless!
Beauty Pro Palette in Crazy Colours
– The palette’s name surely gave justice to it as the colors are crazily vibrant and pigmented. Each color are contained in a huge pan so you get really get a lot of product there. They’re not chalky at all and fallouts are minimal.
Urban Decay Naked Palette
I believe every girl needs this (or any dupe) always ready within reach. Neutral eyeshadows are always the safest choice for any occasion and this palette right here offers a great range of earth-tone colors that are very pigmented. Together with UD’s primer potion, these eyeshadows will surely last for hours.
I’ve been using this since summer and I am yet to come across a mascara comparable to this. It’s curved wand helps maintain the lashes curl during application and the drying part. It takes a while to dry but once it does, it stays put the WHOLE day. It doesn’t smudge at all! And it can fake the long and thick lashes I love so much in just one layer.
– I’m not particularly fond of the shade I got but performance-wise, it is way better than ALL of the liner I’ve tried before. It’s pigmented, textured, smudge-proof, water-proof and well, noob-friendly. LOL! To sum that up, it’s super easy to use. 🙂
BEST LIP PRODUCTS:
– I can’t tell you how much I appreciated NYX even more after trying this. These 2 shades (Stockholm & Monte Carlo) are just perfect to show off my simple and sexy side. They’re both pigmented and they last for hours without retouch. They don’t easily transfer too!
– Besides its futuristic packaging, you’ll also love this brand for its vibrant and moisturizing lipsticks. They’re not drying since they’re very creamy. Also, the wide variety of shades to choose from is just awesome!
– If you’re confused whether you’re a pink lipstick or red lipstick kind of girl like me, you’ll surely find this shade a life-saver as it gives you the benefits of both shades mentioned above; sweet and sultry. It’s creamy yet very opaque and long lasting. In short, one swipe is enough to color the lips. It’s a bit drying though.
Tony Moly Fruit Princess Gloss
– What else do I have to say? The packaging is enough to make you want to buy it. LOL! Well, the product itself is even better, I assure you. It’s pigmented, creamy, glides on smoothly, has great staying power and it moisturizes the lips as well! I doesn’t get better than that!
That’s it! I was able to finish this entry in less than an hour (even after being called by my tito for a quick frozen margarita drink with my bro). Hoorah!
Happy New Year, ladies! <3
Be safe and enjoy!