You can never go wrong with neutral shades.
Whether if you are attending a formal gathering of just up for a girls’ night out, brown smokey eyes, if applied properly, can amp up any simple outfit and turn it to an eye catching, head turning look.
Few weeks ago, I posted a picture of a package I received from Eazy Fashion on my Facebook page. They sent me several items as a token for hosting a successful giveaway on their behalf. I already featured one of the products I got from them in my previous post. Now I’m back to do a review on the 88 Colors Warm Makeup Palette.
DISCLAMER: Rest assured that everything I write in my review posts reflect nothing but my genuine opinion on the product at hand. That is regardless of my affiliation with the sender or (generally speaking) how I got the item.
88 Colors Warm Makeup Palette from Eazy Fashion.
(WS: 628 | R: 788)
Like most 88 palettes, this one is also housed in a sleek and sturdy black plastic packaging with a mirror of decent size and two sponge-tip E/S applicators.
My first reaction, “So many beautiful shades of brown.. but why are some shades the same as others? Hmm.. redundant??”
But as I got to try them, I noticed that most of the shades that I thought were redundant actually had very very small difference to each other. You have to look really close to see the difference, though. Like the undertone of the eyeshadows, they are different. But there around 3-5 shades that are undeniably the same.
If you are planning to specialize on bridal makeup or you’re just into no makeup makeup look for a more natural effect, this palette is definitely for you!
Now for the swatches:
Coz swatches don’t lie. LOL!
I didn’t swatch all 88 shades because of course it that would be very inconvenient. LOL! Anyway, I did swatch my favorite shades. These are the ones I usually use.
I used this palette to create a simple yet slightly dramatic brown smokey eye look for my sister last week. Here’s a quick look:
|Oooh! I made a booboo with the liner. 🙁|
By the way, I used the black E/S from my Sleek i-Divine Palette in Bag Girl and my Suesh Angled Liner brush for the black winged liner. Read reviews HERE and HERE.
|Here’s a better and cleaner look.|
Check out Eazy Fashion’s site HERE.
|TADAA~ What do you think? 😀|
– You can’t question how affordable it is! Most online shops sell their 88 palette for more than Php 1000! This one can be availed at an affordable price of Php 788 (WS: Php 628)
– The shades on the darker side show a lot better on pictures than those on the lighter side. Mostly because the lighter shades tend to get washed off/erased as you blend the colors.
– The palette offers a great variety of neutral shades.
– The sleek packaging looks very classy.
– The colors are buildable but you’ll definitely need a good primer for this.
– They are a bit chalky and very prone to fallouts.
– The lighter shades don’t have much of a staying power. I only use them to highlight the brow bone.
– There were some repetition in the shades.
TIP: Apply the E/S in dabbing (or by patting) motion instead of dusting everything on the eyelids to be able to really pact the color and also to avoid fallouts.
Buy Again? For its price, this really is a good buy. But one palette with 88 shades of brown is enough for me.
My Verdict: 4/5