Up until last year, I was not really a big fan of lipsticks. So you can just imagine how many lip glosses and lip balms I have accumulated over my years of ka-kikayan. Majority of those are in the shade of red and pinkish-purple because I have a bit of a b*tchy-vibe going on during my high school years. (I’m sure anyone from my batch can attest to that) LOL! I only had the courage to try pink and orange lippies few months ago as I stepped out of my color comfort zone and eventually embraced the change my blog brought me.
And here I am again, going back to my comfort zone as I fall almost head over heels for another pinkish-purple lip gloss. But what made this gloss different from the others; it’s from a mineral line of makeup.
This means, less chemicals on my poor lips. Yey for healthier looking smackers! 😀
MOISTURIZING LIP SHIMMERS with Raspberry oil, Shea butter & Vit. E (rice-based)
Extremely long wearing and fantastically moisturizing lip shimmers with shea butter, rice-based vitamin E and Red rasp berry oil that provides a natural SPF to maintain your lips’ healthy moisture & suppleness. We offer glosses that are perfect for everyday use. We strictly exclude the use of carmine or dyes and harmful ingredients like Lead, Parabens and other unnatural preservatives.
LIP BENEFICIAL KEY INGREDIENTS:
(Info taken from Krave Minerale Cosmeceuticals‘ page)
1. SHEA BUTTER helps heal and moisturize sunburned, dry, or cracking lips. Contain antioxidants such as vitamins E and A, which may help protect the lips from the free radical damage that can make them look prematurely aged, thin, or lined.
2. VITAMIN E (rice-based) paraben free, natural extract that helps to protect dry, scaling and chapping lips with no artificial color or fragrance.
3. RED RASPBERRY SEED OIL act as a broad-spectrum UV-A and UV-B shield. It has shown an SPF of between 28 and 50 and thus is a valuable ingredient in natural sunblocks and sunscreens.
BERRY MARTINI: true pink shade with a swirl of purple kiss.
– For a lip gloss, it has the perfect mix of gloss and color. Normally, with this shade, I tend to overlook it mostly because the color is a bit too bold and dark for a lip gloss. But when applied on the lips, the color looks so natural.
– The formulation is not drying on the lips and the product doesn’t settle on the lines or cracks of the lips.
– There is no unusual or irritating smell.
– Hey, its organic makeup! You can’t go wrong with it. Unlike most lipstick, you wouldn’t have to worry about irritations from who-knows-what chemicals.
– It has decent staying power.
Buy Again? Though I like this product, one tube is enough for me. Maybe I’ll try some other shade. Hmm chilly red? What do you think? 😀
My Verdict: 4/5