Here’s the last and final installment on my palette reviews.
I got this last Christmas along with other MAC makeups from tita ninang.
(photo from my tumblr blog, http://celline08.tumblr.com/)
Say ‘HI!’ to my handy dandy MAC palette in Intriguing Scarlet.
Don’t you just love the red case and gem?
Like the name suggests, the palette has 6 shades. 3 of which are matte while the other 3 has a hint of shimmer to it. It also comes with a small eyeshadow brush.
1, 3 and 4 are the matte ones with neutral shades. I use 1 for highlighting my brow bone. 3 is a brown shade I use all over the lids and 4 is somehow taupe in color. I often use 4 for my other V.
5 and 6 has a bit of glitters but not as shimmery as 2.
– How can I not love the case? IT’S RED! Plus, it’s very handy.
– Even by itself (without primer), the eyeshadows lasts all day/all night.
– You can go from day look to all night-party look with just one palette that could fit in a small purse!
– I just love the colors. They’re very pigmented and vibrant even without a base color or primer.
– It’s not powdery.
– It does NOT crease!
– Even when you blend out harsh edges, you can still see distinct colors… not just one area of brownish-gray (like all the color are mixed into one dirty looking shade).
– The brush is too small and short. It’s hard to put a base color using that brush but it’s useful when adding color in the outer V.
– The case is very eye-catching but not in a good way. (baka ma-snatch when I take it out while waiting for a jeepney. LOL!)
Buy Again? I don’t know the exact price but knowing that it’s a MAC palette, I’m guessing it’s a bit pricey. LOL! Product-wise, I will have to say: BUY AGAIN!
My Verdict: 4/5