Before this was sent to me by Sweet and Sparkle, I didn’t know Maybelline NY carries such product. I have tried mousse and cream eyeshadows but this will be my the first time to try liquid eyeshadow. And to tell you honestly, I have high hopes for this product. Mostly because I can’t compare it any other readily available liquid E/S in the market.
Liquid Eyeshadow… what first came to my mind: I wonder how they made the liquid formula to retain the color and stop dripping? hmm..
Product Info & Claims:
“Long wear, no crease shadow. Gentle, no-drip formula applies quickly and easily. Dries quickly to a lightweight powder finish. Color will not smudge or smear and looks just applied for hours and hours. Contact lens safe. Hypoallergenic. Safe for sensitive eyes.”
This is in the shade 104 Spring Sky. In the tube, it has a gaudy iridescent sky blue color. Probably that’s where they got the name for the shade. 🙂
Where to buy it? Check out Sweet and Sparkle HERE.
It comes with a doe foot applicator like this.
– It’s very affordable!
– I like its consistency. It’s a bit watery/runny which make it easier to blend.
– The lip gloss-like applicator makes it faster to apply especially for makeup beginners. When you’re in a hurry, you can just apply few times and dab it using your ring finger to spread the product. Viola! You’re good to go! 😉
– The packaging is light-weight and sturdy. Easy to carry around.
– This can be used to add a bit of a shimmer to your matte eyeshadows. 😉
– Even without the use of any eyeshadow primer, this product doesn’t crease as much compared to other powder/mousse eyeshadows.
– It not as pigmented as I want it to be. The color doesn’t show on my eyelids but it does give a glittery sheen. I guess the color payoff is a bit disappointing.
– It smells almost like acetone? I can’t explain it but for sure, the chemical smell is too strong for me.
– Though blending the product is easy, evening out the color can be tricky. So make sure you are satisfied with how it looks like before allowing it to dry. It’s impossible to alter once driy.
Buy Again? Probably not. I don’t really reach out of this product as much.
My Verdict: 3/5