My choice of makeup is surprising me recently. It’s like I’m turning in a new leaf! I noticed that I usually reach out for my bronzers rather than blushers more. Plus, I discovered a new found love for neutral colors. I even bought my very own Urban Decay Naked Palette last week because of my addiction to earth tones. But that’s a whole different story.
Let’s focus on Milani Glimmer Stripes, shall we? 😀
The idea is that, you can use this product as bronzer, highlighter and also as an eyeshadow.
An all-in-one bronze palette?
The 12.8g of product is housed in a sturdy golden compact with plastic cover. One pan is divided into 5 color stripes that varies from a pearly white to an almost metallic dark bronze shade.
Personally, I like using the first color to highlight my brow bone and cheek bone to give me a healthy looking glow. I use the middle 3 shades as bronzer (I just swirl my brush over the 3 and tap the excess product). Lastly, because the darkest shade is a bit metallic, I don’t use it on my cheeks. Instead, I use it on my eyes as wash for a natural look.
Get your Milani fix at Makeupholics! They’re always on sale so do check out there page HERE.
– It has a nice color pay-off. Don’t forget to tap off the excess product before applying since its highly pigmented.
– I love how it gives me a slightly sculpted cheeks and a warm glow. I look so healthy! 🙂
– It has decent staying power. I use Krave mist to make it last 4-5 hours.
– It’s super affordable! Considering that it is multi-purposed.
– The shimmer can be a bit overwhelming when used as bronzer for a day look so be mindful when applying it. TIP: Just stick with the middle 3 shades
– Unfortunately, it was discontinued. This is not much of a con though since it’s still available online. 😉
Buy Again? I’d like to try Milani Glimmer Stripes in Terra Glimmer next. They said it’s Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Apricot’s dupe! Same color pay-off for a fraction of the cost? I’d surely give that a try!
My Verdict: 4/5
Having doubts with my verdict? Check out this page for more reviews! 😉