Since I’m in the mood to blog about lip products today, I’ll share one of the lipsticks Emaree gave me; Sleek True Color Lipstick in Mystic. Again, she didn’t give me this for review purposes.
Ever since I read Ana Patricia‘s review on Sleek True Color lipstick in Stiletto, I’ve been wanting to get my hands on ANY Sleek True Color lipstick. But since its summer, I’m experiencing some budget constraints. You know, no classes means no allowance. LOL! I thought I had to wait for classes to resume just to get my own Sleek lipstick. Well, obviously, I thought wrong. :))
I’ll stop blabbing so we can start the review proper. 🙂
Left: NYX Round Lipstick (read review here) Right: Sleek True Color Lipstick
Sleek comes in a smaller, more sturdy packaging. And unlike normal lipsticks, it’s oval so I had a bit of a trouble taking pictures of its name at the bottom. 🙂
This maybe my first Sleek lipstick but it’s definitely NOT my first lipstick in purple. I love purple but they’re usually unwearable during normal days.
BTW, you can get this from Fabshopaholic for Php 420 but since they are on sale, it’s now for only Php 350!
This is what it looks like on the lips.
Now for my take on this product.
– I love the packaging! It’s lightweight and the exterior looks very expensive. Plus, it’s small so it fits perfectly in any purse. Easy to carry around! 🙂
– The color is vibrant and very pigmented.
– It has Vitamin E so it doesn’t dry up my lips.
– I find this particular shade of purple to be very wearable maybe since it has a hint of fuschia pink to it.
– It is not overly creamy.
– More expensive that NYX Round Lipsticks but they are still affordable. 😉
– Contrary to the label, the finish isn’t really matte. But I have no problem with that since I like my lipstick to have a little gloss in it. 🙂
– It’s only available online.
Buy Again? Yes. I want to try Pink Freeze next.
My Verdict: 4.5/5